When is early-bird; on-time; late registration period?
Early bird pricing is good until 60 days before an event. On-time registration refers to the 59-30 days before an event. Late registration is less than 30 days before an event. The registration window generally closes 10 days before an event.
Regchamp and registration
All registrations are now done through regchamp.com/mcd. This should allow for ease of registration between vendors as well as ease of registration and payments in general. One the registration page, there is an FAQ specifically for Regchamp questions.
- Registering for an event after you login.
- You should have an email with your Account Number and login information. You’ll need to keep that handy.
- Once you login at regchamp.com/mcd the homepage will come up. On the left side of the screen, scroll over it with your mouse and a menu will appear. One of the options is “events”. Click that option and you’ll get a list of events to register for. When you see the one you want, then click “Go”. You’ll see a pop-up menu that asks you to confirm the cancellation policy. Click “Confirm”. It will then have a pop-up that reminds you to import your teams. If you haven’t setup any teams yet, you’ll want to do that in a different step described below. In the middle of the screen, you’ll see the option to “Import a team” with a drop down menu beside it. Click that and select one of the teams imported. You’ll need to click “IMPORT TEAM” to finish importing the team to that event and you’ll see the team is now listed in the list below the drop down menu. A new pop up window will appear to confirm which division you wish to register in. It does not allow you to register outside of the divisions based on the athletes youngest and/or oldest age. Select the one that matches the best to what skills you’re able to perform and click “Save”. You’ll see a confirmation page next with Skill level, division, and # of athletes on the team. Click “Done”. You’ve successfully registered for an event.
- Adding Athletes/Participants
- You should have an email with your Account Number and login information. You’ll need to keep that handy.
- Once you login at regchamp.com/mcd the homepage will come up. On the left side of the screen, scroll over it with your mouse and a menu will appear. One of the options is “Participants”. Click that option. You’ll see a new window that allows you to add and edit participants. To add athletes, you click the “Add Participants” button at the top left of the screen. You will see a pop up screen that gives you multiple options to add athletes. You can transfer from another RegChamp account; Connect your USASF rosters/account; Upload rosters from excel; or enter them one at a time. Highly encourage 1 of 2 options: “Rosters” or “USASF” buttons. This will be the fastest and least amount of work.
- “Rosters” option: takes you to a new screen where you will be able to either create a new team or create a new team and register at the same time. We’ll focus on the “Create a New Team” button. Click that button and you’ll see a pop up screen where you’ll name your squad; select what category (School, Allstar, Rec, etc) the squad falls into and then you click “Save”. After you save, you’ll enter the squad coach name(s). You’ll then see the screen that allows you to upload music, modify rosters, add coach or view the events.
- USASF button allows you to download your athletes from your USASF account. There are detailed instructions if you choose this option to upload your athletes.
- The One at a Time button requires you to have the following information handy: Athlete’s full name; gender; birthdate; and parent’s email. This is the most time consuming option, but if you’re only adding a new athlete, it’s the easiest option.
- Paying an invoice
- Once you login at regchamp.com/mcd the homepage will come up. On the right side of the screen, you’ll see all of your invoices. To pay an invoice, you click the applicable invoice. The new screen will pop up with the invoice details. At the bottom of that new screen, you’ll see the “continue with online payment” button. Directly to the left of that is the option to make a payment different than what’s on your invoice (in case you want to make a few payments to pay off the invoice. If you don’t want to pay that invoice in full, then enter the amount you’d like to pay and then click the Continue to online payment button. A new pop up window will appear asking you to confirm the accountid that you’re paying on. In the middle of that screen, there’s the “Continue” button. Click that. One last page to confirm the amount you are paying during this transaction. If it’s correct, then at the bottom of the page, you’ll see “Pay Now” button. When you click that it will take you to Paypal to either use your paypal account or use a different credit card. If you want to use a card not associated with your account, then you will click the “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button below the login area. Once you enter the information and click to pay the invoice, SUCCESS you’ve paid the invoice.
- Signing up for MAXpass
- Once you login at regchamp.com/mcd the homepage will come up. On the left side of the screen, scroll over it with your mouse and a menu will appear. One of the options is “account info”. Click that option. On the new screen, you’ll see a button labeled “Ala Carte”, click it. On the new screen, you’ll be able to modify your MAXpass athletes. All you have to do is enter quantity where it asks and then submit. An invoice will be created and that number will spread to any events you register for. The MAXpass discount will only apply to the number of athletes you have listed, any additional will be invoiced on the event that it applies.
What is MAXpass?
MAXpass is our Season Pass. MAXpass which gives access to all of our 1-day events
How much does MAXpass cost?
Our registration deadlines are: Early bird is before October 1st; On-time registration between October 2nd and December 1st; and Late MAXpass registration applies to any registrations or additions after December 2. For specific prices, please email us.
*NOTE- With a MAXpass purchase, each event you register for requires a refundable deposit.
What all does MAXpass cover?
Each participant MAXpass purchased covers a single athlete’s entry into Maximum Cheer and Dance competitions for the current season, which includes events between October and June. It is like a regular registration in the fact it allows for 2 crossovers per athlete included in the price. Additional crossovers would be at regular registration price.
If I purchase a MAXpass for the participants on my cheer or dance team(s), does it cover their solo performance entries too?
A MAXpass purchase for a participant on a team does not cover individual or group performances outside of the team performance. They may register and compete in those individual or group performances at events with or without their team attending that event with the appropriate registration cost.
What happens if an event is cancelled?
We do our best to avoid cancelling Maximum Cheer and Dance competitions. If we do, you will receive all deposits paid for that event. If you would prefer to move that deposit to a future event, you are welcome to do so, in writing. If we are going to cancel an event, we do our best to make that decision more than 60 days ahead, but never less than 45 days before an event.
Do I need a MAXpass for my exceptional athlete teams (special needs)?
No. Exceptional athletes that exhibition do not incur any registration fees, so they will not be required to have a MAXpass.
What equipment will be there?
All events, unless otherwise specified, include: a 9-panel (54’x42′) birch wood spring floor with carpet bonded foam; a 9-panel carpet bonded warm-up floor; a 2 panel skills warm-up floor; and a 12’x60′ spring tumble strip.
General Event FAQ
Are your judges certified?
We take part in the certification process provided by MaXout. This includes training judges in building, tumbling, jumps, overall, and/or rules. Their training includes judging for Allstar, Allstar Prep, School, Pop Warner, and Recreation dance and cheer performances.
Are you USASF sanctioned?
Although we follow industry standard legality guidelines, we have decided to be a non-sanctioned event company. Your participants will NOT need to pay USASF fees to compete at our events.
Do you have a coaches room?
Yes, we do. The coaches room is always stocked with goodies and for national events we have something special for the coaches as well. We reserve this room for coaches only.
What is the price for general admission for spectators?
Unless otherwise specified general admission will be $10 (cash only) per spectator at high school events and $15 at convention centers and universities.
Military and 65 & over will be $2 less.
Children 3 and under to enter free with a paid parent/guardian/chaperone.
Do you allow vendors?
Yes. We do have an exclusivity arrangement, so it’s first come first serve for vending at our competitions. We already have t-shirts and bows at our company store, so we wouldn’t offer those opportunities. Email us for more information.
Are you on the unified scoring grid?
MaXout has created a unified scoring and judging process. We have decided to participate in that system. The scoresheets are slightly different than that of the other unified system. That said, it has the same difficulty, technique, routine, and performance breakdowns. So if you brought the same routine to us that you do for #insertlargecompanyhere, then you should score in the same ranges.
How do you handle music?
Coaches are required to send in music ahead of time electronically. This helps us cut down on errors the day of the event. They/you will receive a link that is for a folder only viewable by that coach/gym and Maximum Cheer and Dance staff. For the warm-up and performance areas the team representative is still responsible for starting their music.
When do I get my scoresheets?
Within 20 minutes of your performance you can pick up your scoresheets from the tabulation table. This is a great time to make use of that coaches room and review. Upon pickup, you will have 15 minutes to discuss your scores/deductions. We are all human and can make mistakes, so if you think we missed something in your score and you are out of range, that 15 minute window is when you should let us know. Please bring ANY/ALL questions to us before awards so we can make sure everything is done right. That said, we will ONLY discuss your performance that day. We will not be able to discuss other team’s performances or skills.
How often do you cancel events due to low registration?
We will do our best to not cancel events. We do need your support to make sure that happens. If a time calls for it, our promise is to let you know a minimum of 45 days before an event, if it’s going to be cancelled. When requested, you will receive a refund for any one-time registration fees or MAXpass deposits paid. If not requested in writing, you’ll get a credit to a future event.